Picking the right company can be an impactful part of your career journey, especially in these uncertain times. Of course, landing the right role is essential but if you are not in a company culture that encourages your personal development you may not reach your highest potential. We gathered a few key points to consider as you search for your next job opportunities. We hope this helps you find the right company fit.
When picking the right company, research the company to see how they have handled the current situation. Examples include:
- Have they laid-off employees
- Made pay cuts
- Or continued to grow and hire
Once you land the interview ask specific questions related to their strategy for the future.
- What is your growth strategy?
- What did you all do well during the pandemic?
- What technology innovations are you working on to keep you relevantÂ in the future?
This is also a great time to determine a company’s culture to see if it’s a fit for you. What is the old saying “Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life”.
- Ask about the company’s vision and values
- Company expectations
- Management style
- Professional development opportunities